SASANOKAWA TENNOTSUBU Mukashijitate Junmai - International Wine Challenge (IWC) 2021 San Francisco Silver Medal)
This sake is made “old school,” which is what “ Mukashijitate” basically means.
The brewery polishes away only 20% of the rice grain and ferments the remaining 80%. which is new trending in Sake industry.
This sake has aromas of steamed rice, peach, and citrus and flavors that include melon, peach, and dairy. Food Pairing: Steak BBQ, Stews, and Indian, Mexican food. also goes well asparagus! and is delicious on its own.
You can drink this chilled, but serving heated
accentuates this sake’s aromas and flavors.
Ingredients: Rice, Koji, Water
Sake Rice: Tennotsubu
Yeast: Kyokai 701
Polishing Ratio: 80%
Alcohol by Volume: 15%
Serving Temp: Chilled/Room Temp/Heated
Sasanokawa Brewery and Distillery has been
making sake since 1765. Tetuzo Yamaguchi, is
tenth generation family member to run the
business. This gives the Sasanokawa’s sake a
rich heritage to build upon, and the experience
with which to innovate to meet the needs of
today’s sake drinker.
Pre-Order starts shipping from January 16th 2023.